Title: Take It Outside!
Take It Outside!
Take It Outside! is the BLM's flagship youth engagement program. It was established to help ensure that young people from all backgrounds have access to outdoor recreational opportunities on public lands while fostering future generations of public land stewards. Stressing health, family, fun, and stewardship, Take It Outside! provides opportunities for young people to engage in outdoor recreation, informal education, and volunteer projects.
2015 Take It Outside!
Date: Thursday, April 9th, 2015
Time: 11:00-12:00 pm Mountain Daylight Time
Title: Native American Youth Camps
Description: BLM Utah, and partners, supports several annual Native American youth camps. The camps feature outdoor learning stations where tribal and agency experts teach lessons emphasizing cultural identity, natural science, and outdoor recreation. The benefits are shared across diverse agencies and individuals who team up to provide meaningful experiences for native youth.
Join Jeanette Shackelford to learn how this innovative multi partner camp works to get Native American youth outdoors!
Target Group: BLM Outdoor Recreation Planners, Park Rangers, Botanists, Biologists, Ecologists, Hydrologists, Wildlife Biologists, Geologists and any other BLM employees interested in learning more about Take It Outside!
To Access the Webinar
To join the audio line, call: (877) 991-8835 Passcode: 7916470
1. WebEx Join Instructions: http://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join.php?sigKey=blm&i=274493326&p=&t=c
2. Enter the required fields.
4. Click on Proceed.
5. Having trouble accessing the webinar? Contact Patti Klein, National Take It Outside! Lead firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to access the
2014 Take It Outside!
Webinar Series Description: This webinar series showcases the Take It Outside! program and provides viewers with the knowledge and tools for developing and managing Take It Outside activities including: planning, budgeting, marketing, and working with partners.
· Webinar 1 - Need help organizing and sustaining partnerships to develop and implement your Take It Outside! program? We have lots of successful examples and tips for you! Webinar recorded on February 11, 2014.
· Webinar 2 - Are you wondering how to plan and budget for Take It Outside activities? We have tools for you! Webinar recorded on March 11, 2014.
· Webinar 3 - How do I work with partners to grow enthusiasm, funding and program effectiveness? We have a range of partnerships to share with you, from small and large, to informal and formal. Webinar recorded on April 8, 2014.
· Webinar 4 - How do I market these activities? We will highlight some great examples! Webinar recorded on May 13, 2014.
Having trouble accessing The Recording Archive? Contact Maile Adler, National Training Center, at 602-906-5502 or email@example.com.
Want to download the presentations from each of the 2014 webinars? No problem. Just scroll down and click on the presentation you would like to download.
Additional resources are listed below. For more information, contact Patti Klein, National Lead for Stewardship and Take It Outside Programs, at 801-539-4235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Files (click to access):|