This page contains resources for Oil and Gas operators or agents to learn how to file electronic NOS, APD, Sundry Notices, and Well Completion documents with BLM Field Offices under the AFMSS 2 application. AFMSS 2 has replaced the internal AFMSS and external WIS applications will from now on be referred to as AFMSS.
The first section of this page has the training videos, and the bottom half contains written documentation such as the Operator User Guide followed by a list of resources for your convenience.
AFMSS replaces the Well Information System (WIS) for all electronic filings of NOS, APD, Sundry Notices, and Well Completion Reports.
AFMSS has transitioned to a new log-in screen, linked below. Each external AFMSS account must be linked to a Login.gov account. If you do not have a Login.gov account, you can create one at Login.gov and register it with AFMSS. Log-In Instructions are in the User Guides and Help Information section below. If you have any questions, please submit a Public Help Desk Ticket for the AFMSS Support Team's assistance.
Help Desk & Log-In Link
User Guides and Help Information
- Log-in Instructions AFMSS 2 Operators
- AFMSS 2 Operator Account Request Form
- Operator User Guide AFMSS 2
- Quick User Guide for Notice of Staking Operators
- WISx Well Completion Reports User Guide
- WISx Operator Notifications and Sundry Notice User Guide
- FAQs for Operators Using AFMSS 2
- Checklist for Operators Using AFMSS 2
- APD Pay.gov Instructions
- IB 2017-057 - Notice of Staking (NOS) Requirements for Wells on Multi-Well Pads
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lucinda (Cindy) Lewis.
Techie info -- If you have a browser-based email, you will need to copy and paste this email address into a new message.