This course provides instruction on adjudicating Oil and Gas and Geothermal Transfers of Operating Rights.
Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to adjudicate a sample transfer of operating rights for compliance with regulations and guidance.
Bureau of Land Management fluid minerals land law examiners responsible for adjudicating transfers of operating rights.
You can expect to spend about 4 hours to complete this course.
- Introduction (27:50 minutes) New Introduction (47:45 minutes) -- transcript
- Class Exercise (8:08 minutes) -- transcript
- Exercise 1 - 3 (8:12 minutes) -- transcript
- Conclusion (6:13 minutes) -- transcript
- Class Exercise Materials
- Exercise 1 Materials
- Exercise 2 Materials
- Exercise 3 Materials
- Example for Conclusion
- Presentation Slides for Note-taking
- Operating Rights Checklist
- Chain of Title Decision
- Lease Interest Worksheet
- Sample Showing Intent
- Stipulation Approval
- I.M. 86-175
- I.M. 2013-151
- I.M. 2010-161
- IM 2013-105
- Royalty Simplification and Fairness Act of 1996